October 6, 2009

October 6 - The kitchen sink and logical friends

As previously noted, there are no news entries in my sixth grade journal until October 11. I discovered last night, much to my horror, that there are also no entries in the third grade journal until October 16. You know what that means: a buffet of my ingenious so-called “bonus entries.” Make sure to buckle your seatbelts, kids. Let’s gooooooo.


BONUS ENTRY:
Third Grade Journal - September 6, 1991
Today is Sept 6 Today has been a great day1. we are going to go to gym and reading time and libriry2

1More good days in the third grade. When I remember the hubbub about the institution of the primary system when I was in third grade, I keep expecting to look back and see that I was upset about having to spend time with a bunch of first and second graders instead of being in third grade with my friends. More on this later, I’m sure.
2What a day, huh? I don’t remember having time set aside for reading time in elementary school, but as long as it is alongside gym and the “libriry,” I’m still down.


BONUS ENTRY:
Sixth Grade Journal – September 2, 1994
I remember3 when I was young enough to take baths in the kitchen sink4.

3Here, I chronicle one of the weird “memories” that sort of prompted the larger, faux-philosophical goal of this blog. I don’t know if I actually remember these early memories, if I remember that I used to remember them (follow me here), or if I have just invented memories for myself. I can only assume that other people think about this kind of stuff.
4Beside this entry, Mrs Robertson wrote, “Do you really remember that long ago? You must have a very good memory!” Yes, she did underline the “really” there. I like how she basically implies that I’m lying and then tries to balance the accusation with a vague compliment. This is a familiar tactic.


BONUS ENTRY:
Eighth Grade Journal – September 3, 19965
Then Brad, Jenni, Tasha, Eileen, Kelleman, And Rucinski Limped Away. “You Stupid Morons, You Suck6!” Miller Yelled. We Went Back To Our New House. “They Are So Dumb, We Kick Their Butts All The Time, But They Dont Give Up.” Hearne Said7. We Rested For Most Of The Day, Until A Loud Screaming Outside Woke All Of Us Up. “What The Heck Was That8?” I Yelled. “Let’s Get Out Of Here, Grab Your Stuff.” Nate Said. We Went Through The Back And Nate Hopped On Flare9. “Get On!” Nate Yelled. “Oh Crap!” Miller Said. We Shot Up In The Air.

5In case you didn’t notice, this is finally a new entry. I told you that was a long one.
6A well-reasoned argument, I feel.
7And also observant. I had some smart friends at this time. Ahead of the curve for eighth graders, for sure.
8Suspense. I build it.
9Yeah, this is the weird dragon you might remember from before. Prepare for an intense battle…next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment