October 1, 2009

October 1 - ALP Revelations!

We’ve made it through the first month! Also, don’t look now, but the ALP journal has finally made its return! Also, I just noticed that this journal only has like twelve entries for the fourth grade year. This would be a huge oops, but apparently I also decided to use this same steno notebook for recording events in the fifth grade. This is good if only because it makes the ALP journal a little thicker and less useless.


Third Grade Journal –
October 1, 1991
Today is Oct 1 My faverite things at the fall festival were the Hauted House1

1So the haunted house was so awesome that it counted as multiple things. I had many things about the fall festival that were my favorite, but each individual thing was the haunted house. It was that cool.


Fourth Grade ALP Journal –
October 1, 1992
Today we got to play monkey in the middle2. Autonomous3

2I don’t remember playing games like this in ALP because we didn’t have normal recess very often. I remember playing basketball in the gym, but only when the older kids weren’t there, since they would have bludgeoned us into submission.
3This word is written about halfway down the page of this entry. I’m assuming this is the beginning of a trend that still happens today where I write down words whose spelling I don’t really understand. You’ll be happy to know that I spelled it correctly.


BONUS ENTRY:
Sixth Grade Journal – August 31, 1994
School Words: crayon, marker, colored pencils4, pencils, math, science, spelling, social studies5, english6, protractor, compass, trapper keeper7, notebook, glue8 & scissors.

4Not really a word. I’m not trying to be a prick or anything.
5Yeah, it’s nice that you like social studies, but still: it’s not a word.
6Apparently my lack of pride in the English language led to this resistance toward capitalization. Good to know that my negative feelings regarding the study of English existed when I was eleven.
7I did have a badass trapper keeper at this time. It had all of these slide out “tools” that were operated by buttons. One of them was a magnifying glass, which I used to find things when someone dropped something small. I felt really cool, because I would sit around like some awesome dude just waiting for a person to ask for my help. I’m proud of that, for sure.
8No Oxford comma? Heretic.

No comments:

Post a Comment