October 8, 2009

October 8 - Doing things, listing jobs, the usual

So I’ve decided to bring us back to a more traditional update. I hope you enjoy these updates. I’ll try to keep things spicy. Hurray, I guess.


Fourth Grade ALP Journal –
October 8, 1992
Today I got an A+ on a computer paper1. We did alot of stuff2.

1I don’t even know what a computer paper is.
2Again, I love the trend where I just state that I did cool things and don’t bother to describe, well, any of things I actually did that were supposedly so cool. Well done.


BONUS ENTRY:
Sixth Grade Journal – September 6, 1994
Jobs serving others: Doctor, dentist3, lawyer4, banker5 or nurse.
Industrial Jobs: Armco, Kentucky Power, AK Steel or Florida Power6.
Trasportation Jobs: Airplane pilot, limo driver or bus driver7.

3Yeah, that’s right dentists, you don’t get capitalized like Doctors. Take that!
4Lawyer? Poor, naïve Guy. So sad.
5This entry is a nightmarish attack on the Oxford comma. It is a brutish assault. Please, look away.
6With one exception, these were all local industries around my hometown. I bet you can’t guess which one is the exception!
7So if you drive something, you’re in. On a sad note: it looks like I was just capitalizing only the first entry in each list instead of taking a shot at dentists. So many lost opportunities.


BONUS ENTRY:
Eighth Grade Journal – September 3, 1996 (continued)
We Looked Over The House And Saw About 40 Barbarians Running Towards Our House8. “Let’s Go Kick Their Butts!” Hearne Yelled. Flare Hurled A Fireball, Blocking Them From The House. “Shoot It!” One Of Them yelled. Then An Arrow Flew Into Flare’s Stomach9. She Flipped Over And We All Started To Fall. “AAAHH!!” Luan Screamed As He Morphed Into Knightbringer10. “I”ve Got It. SeungLong11 Fingorium Tansem!” I Said. We Screeched To A Stop12 In MidAir. “Cool.” Miller Said13. We Slowly Lowered To The Ground.

8It clearly wasn’t enough for me to pit my “good” friends against a legion of my “evil” friends, I also had to include scores of random barbarians or psychos. I’m sure you’ve noticed.
9A pretty good shot, I’d say. Pretty strong reaction time as well. We might have met our match against this group of forty randoms.
10I’m sure you haven’t forgotten this little gem.
11This sounds a little Asian, and thus out of place. Korean, I’d say.
12Screeched to a stop? Who ever heard of that?
13An appropriate reaction, I feel. As I’ve said before, clearly I had really smart, observant friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment