September 18, 2009

September 18 - More Disney Adventures and KnightBringer regret

Usually the updates will occur earlier than this, but Fridays will be a bit behind (most of the time, at least) because I am always so tired on Thursday. I know this isn’t your primary concern, however, so let’s get down to business. Disney Adventures, go!

Third Grade Journal – September 18, 1991
Today is Sept. 18 I am going bring a book home that one of EVAN WHITE. it is a realy good book. it is long and thick and has lots of words on the pages. it’s called Disney Adventures1. It has lots of weird monsters here are some2

1I told you this book was pretty important. I don’t know why I was so captured by these monsters, but they make their fair share of appearances. I’m still not sure what “Mo Mo” is.
2Here is another display of my artistic abilities. Once you realize that these images were created by an eight year old you will want to be jealous, but don’t be. I’m only human.

BONUS ENTRY: Sixth Grade Journal – August 24, 1994
My first empressions of sixth grade were of patrol and of how nice the teachers would be3. Some of my other empressions were the responseabilities of be the oldest and of keeping up my grades4.

3I don’t remember a lot of memories, but I do remember people, and my sixth grade teachers were the worst of my elementary school years. Clearly I was either lying, drunk, or stupid when I made this entry. Tough to say which.
4Using correct verb tense? Not a priority.

BONUS ENTRY: Eighth Grade Journal – August 30, 1996 (continued)
“Who Is Luan?” Hearne Said. “He Is A Mace Called KnightBringer5, He Will Be His Regular Self Until A Battle, Then He Will Turn Into KnightBringer6.” Flare Said. “I’m A Dumb Mace?” Luan Said, “But I Can Do A ‘Hulk Smash’!” “What Am I?” Ishbu Asked. “You Are Ishbu, Powerful Boy From India.” Flare Said. “Oh Boy, I Am Myself.” Ishbu Said7. “What’s The Deal With Me?” I Asked. “You Are The Most Powerful Mage In The World8. The Staff Is The Staff of Magius. The Book Is The Best Spell Book In The World9. In The Book Are Many Many Powerful Spells.” Blaze Answered. We All Just Looked Around For A Second. “I’m Cool.” I Said10.

5From what I recall, this was the element in the fantasy books my friends were reading that drove this part of the story. For some reason, I found this really compelling, but not compelling enough to read the actual stories myself.
6Seriously, this is one of the dumbest ideas in the history of literature. Even for hard fantasy books it’s pretty dumb. I didn’t create it, either, that idea is lifted right from those books my friends read. Blame them.
7God I hate you Ishbu.
8Witness my humility, folks. I mean I’m only the most powerful mage in the world, not in the universe or anything.
9I do love that I bothered to give the staff a name and then just noted that the spell book was “the best.” That’s just plain good writing.
10Best. Line. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you were trying to butter up your teachers because you knew she'd be reading it? Or maybe this is just more early-Guy-optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That entry was written by a pre-Neikirkian Guy Spriggs, so it's possible that he could have still considered the world a beautiful place with limitless potential and excellence. It's not that I don't feel that way, it's just...well, you know.

    ReplyDelete