September 25, 2009

September 25 - A good day and good friends

Naturally, a dilemma has arisen in my treatment of these bonus entries. Perhaps I was a bit overzealous in my attempt to provide you with three entries per day, but it’s clear that eventually I will soon run out of “bonus” entries used to supplement nonexistent concordant entries. Obviously, since the extra entries come from the short amount of time between the beginning of the school year and the first posts on this blog (September 14), the bonuses that remain grow fewer everyday. Don’t worry, I’ve got at least one percent of my brain firmly focused on solving this problem. I hope the inevitable result will be satisfactory. I also hope that I won’t have to resort to just posting huge sections of Annoyance. I mean, I’d like at least one person to still stick around.

BONUS ENTRY: Third Grade Journal – September 4, 1991
Today is Sept. 4 Today has been really good because I have had a picture and when we stayed at my room for a long time1 Wow2

1Sorry folks, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea what the hell any of this means. Had a picture? Stayed in my room? Did I have my own room in the school? How could I forget something like that?
2This “Wow” is written in sweeping size 200 font across the bottom of the page. And yet it lacks an exclamation point. So it’s a powerful but measured excitement. Makes sense to me.

BONUS ENTRY: Sixth Grade Journal – August 29, 1994
1 Help friends with their homework.
2 Comes over to play and spend the night3.
3 Lets you borrow money4.
4 Gets you presents.
5 Helps you remember stuff5.
6 Sits by you at lunch.
7 Comforts you when your sad6.
8 Makes you laugh.
9 Sticks up for you.
10 Doesn’t tease you7.

3Technically this is two things. Yes, I’m that kind of pedant.
4I don’t recall ever borrowing money when I was in elementary school. In fact, I recall running a borderline black market selling NBA Team pencils with the change I had left from buying lunch.
5Ah, this explains a lot.
6When was the last time you comforted me when my sad? Huh?
7Beside this entry, Mrs Robertson wrote, “Good ones!” For some reason, she didn’t ask what the topic was. Assuming that the topic involves listing qualities in a good friend, the question remains, however: did I try to list the things I sought in friends or did I compile the things that I felt made me a good friend? See, there are deep things going on here.

So these two entries were kind of long, so I’m going to stop there for today. It’s not really time to bring back the “Life” journal again, and I know you are always willing to take a quick break from Annoyance, so hopefully we can continue to be friends. I’m also going to be out of town for the next few days, but I’ll try to update if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment