September 21, 2009

September 21 - Complete H-Bomb Disaster

You might notice that there is no ALP journal entry for this date. I noticed that there is a strange absence between September 14 and October 1 (1992), which means not only a two week gap in entries but also a switch in the day of the week for ALP classes from Monday to Thursday. Eerie. Also, I have included the first “real” entry from my eighth grade journal. Do enjoy, and feel free to comment or e-mail me about how lame this all might be.

Sixth Grade Journal – September 21, 19941
Sport cards, toys, games, and magazines are things you might find under my bed2.

1It is important to note, following yesterday’s entry, that this entry was also made on the folded over, Do Not Enter, Top Secret page where my privacy was violated.
2At the end of this entry, Mrs Robertson wrote, “Topic?” I mean really, Mrs Robertson?

Eighth Grade Journal – September 21, 1996
Free Write
Today Is Simply Horrible. What Started As An Okay Day Turned Into A Nightmare Ride To Hades. First Period Was Okay, But Second Period Was A Complete H-Bomb Disaster3. Early In ICP4 Class I Asked Ms Salyers If I Could Get A Drink Of Water. She Told Me No, And Then Said, “Why? Were You Making Out In The Hallway?” Ooo’s And Giggles Filled The Room, And By Next Period (Spanish II) I Was Hearing Stories That I Was Dating Amanda Raines5 And Amber Wilson6, And That I Had Been Caught Making Out With Amber Outside Of ICP. All Of This Is A Totally, Absolutely, Positively, Gigantic, Untrue Lie7. Now Every Five Seconds Someone Asks Me, “Are You Dating Amanda? Are You Dating Amber? Were You Trying To Score In ICP?” I HATE TODAY!!!!! I Wish Today Would Fall Into A Black Hole And Disappear. My Friends Think Its Funny And Tell Me I’m Overreacting8. I Just Want To Go Home.
Now, Back To My Story.

3This was a favorite phrase of mine, and it occurs with regularity throughout Annoyance.
4ICP was the Introduction to Chemistry and Physics course I took during eighth grade. This class was not, in any way, associated with the Insane Clown Posse. I promise.
5A girl I don’t remember at all.
6A girl I do remember, but haven’t really spoken to since early high school.
7I don’t know if you’re keeping track, but that’s a rather large and serious falsehood.
8My wish that the day would fall into a black hole does not substantiate this claim of overreaction.

4 comments:

  1. I don't remember this event but it seems fairly clear that you weren't overreacting. It all seems very rational.

    Also, this blog is easily my new favorite blog. It's the first one I check every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you like what I've tried to do here. I'm hoping that I can continue to stick with it.

    I don't really remember the event mentioned here either, namely because I don't recall being the subject of "playboy" rumors. I do think that my response to it was very proportionate, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of when I was in 4th grade, Robbie McKackren claimed I had sex with a childhood friend, Maeve. I was so angry I wrote on his white shirt in red marker and we were both given in house suspensions. But the part I remember most was how adamantly I denied that it was true and how terrible I felt for having been accused of this act and that my teachers might believe it was true. How things change.

    Also, you must look for Amanda Raines and Amber Wilson on facebook! If they're babes, you can message them about the time you made out outside of ICP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember Amanda Raines at all, but I am "friends" with Amber on Facebook. I haven't talked to her in a long time. There are only six girls named Amanda Raines on Facebook, so we'll see how that endeavor turns out.

    But yes, your reaction is very similar to mine. Something about people saying those things really upset me. I mean, it was a complete H-Bomb disaster, for the love of God.

    ReplyDelete