July 29, 2010

July 29, 2010 - I'll fight him for three

By way of a short introduction to this update, I just want to say that I really don’t have a good idea for what I should do with this blog moving forward. Perhaps I did a poor job pacing myself and should have stuck to only one journal entry per update, but the reality is that all I have left to share with you (other than the passive-aggressive judgments of my robot cartoons) is the contents of my eight grade journal. I really wanted to update before July because I didn’t want to go through a whole month without producing anything, but I’m also not sure where to go from here. I do hope that you enjoy whatever I decide to do, however, and I hope you continue to visit and consider sharing with other people who like cool and weird stuff. I mean honestly, you know that this should really be a web sensation by now. With your help, we can do it. Huzzah!



Eight Grade Journal – September 9, 1996 (continued)

I Picked Up A Sword And Fought A Knight In My Spell1. “Prepare to Die!” The Knight Yelled. He Swiped At Me And I Backed Away. Soon He Had Me Cornered. He Hoisted His Word High Above His Head2. I Took The Chance And Pushed The Sword Deep Into His Chest3. I Pulled It Out and The Knight Vanished. “Cool. I Kicked His Butt.” I Said. Then One Of Those Little Thief Guys Leaped At Me And Stabbed Me In The Leg With His Dagger4. I Sliced Of His Arm And He Fell Down5. I Then Rammed My Sword Into His Stomach. I Limped To Get My Staff As He Disappeared. Then I Realized That The Next Guy Would Be That Strong Dude6. “Oh Crap!!” I Yelled And Tried To Speed Up. I Fell Down7 and Saw Him Appear Between Me And My Staff. He Raised His Arms. I Rolled As He Smashed The Floor With His Punch. I Ran Through The House Trying To Find Luan. “Luan!! Come Here Now8!!” I Screamed. “What Is It Guy9?” Luan Asked. Then He Morphed Into Knightbringer. I Picked Him Up And Went Looking For The Guy.


1When we last left off, I had done my friends a favor by using by wizardly powers to conjure up foes to fight and possibly maim them. Inexplicably, however, I decide in this installment to combat said foes myself, which strikes as an uncharacteristic and terrible idea.

2That doesn’t seem like a great strategy…

3And that’s precisely why. In his defense, however, the only combat tactic I had shown until this point consisted of running away (but obviously not in a terrified or scared manner), so he was probably going by the scouting report. Clearly this is the time when I take over at the dominant offensive force we all know me to be.

4Remember, this is what those beasts were supposed to look like, so it’s worse than it might seem.

5That is, I Sliced Off His Arm… I readily slice both arms and the English language.

6Not That Strong Dude! Yeah…sometimes the creative juices just aren’t flowing.

7What the hell is this, Friday the 13th? This isn’t a horror movie, there will be no falling down. It’s beyond cliché at this point.

8Yeah, come here so that you can turn into a mace that I can use to smash dudes in the face! You know, the usual!

9Honestly, he should probably be used to this by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment